The Heartless City

The Heartless City
By: Andrea Berthot
 


                             I love this book, (I did an all nighter to finish it.)
.
The Heartless City (great title and cover) is one of the best tales of the story Jekyll & Hyde I have ever read.
The characters are relatable, the writing is fantastic, its filled with love, horror, drama, and betrayal. I feel sad when I read parts with Cam but I guess that means I feel like i could actually meet these characters.
The only thing that I think could change is that they should have brought in Iris's dad ( who I can't reveal) into the book at the end.
To sum it up:
It starts in London with
Henry Jekyll who was a brilliant doctor, a passionate idealist who aimed to free mankind of selfishness and vice. He’s also the man who carelessly created a race of monsters.
Once shared secretly among the good doctor’s inner circle, the Hyde drug was smuggled into mass-production - but in pill form, it corrupted its users at the genetic level, leaving them liable to transform without warning. A quarter of the population are now clandestine killers - ticking bombs that could detonate at any given moment.
Thirteen years after the quarantine boy named Elliot meets a girl called Iris who changes everything he knows.
I am so happy I was given the chance to read this book,  I cant wait to see if a second novel comes out!
I highly recommend it.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the review! The second novel - The Hypnotic City - WILL be published sometime next year! Here's a blog post about it: http://andreaberthot.blogspot.com/2015/10/my-2nd-book-hypnotic-city-is-going-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait, I am really in love with this series and would be happy to submit another review for your next book when it comes out.
      Also I will definitely go check that out. Thank you for liking my review!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts